Pancakes are the perfect canvas for additional flavors. You can add just about any toppings you like and customize the flavors as you see fit. This morning I went with bananas, candied walnuts, Nutella and cinnamon. Result? Irresistibly delicious!
1 cup flour
1 tbsp of sugar
1 tbsp of cinnamon
2 tsp of baking powder
1 tbsp of Nutella
1/4 tsp of salt
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup of milk
3 ripe bananas (1 banana sliced for topping; mash the other 2 in the pancake batter)
candied walnuts, coarsely chopped (save some for garnish, and the rest goes in the batter)
1. In a bowl, mash 2 ripe bananas; combine and mix all the above ingredients. The consistency of the batter should be slightly lumpy from the bananas and the chopped walnuts.
2. Heat (medium/low) the lightly oiled griddle
3. Ladle the batter onto the griddle
4. Cook pancakes until both sides are golden brown
5. Serve hot; and top the pancakes with sliced bananas, chopped walnuts, dust of cinnamon and drizzle some maple syrup
Enjoy! Happy Thursday!