It’s been unseasonably warm this past weekend, so we took full advantage of the weather and indulged in midday cocktails. One of my all-time favorite cocktails is the Pisco Sour; it is deliciously refreshing, tangy, sweet and foamy; and it even serves as an aperitif.
The Pisco sour is a deceptively simple drink. It calls for only a few ingredients – Pisco, fresh lime juice, simple syrup, egg whites and a couple of dashes of bitters for a seductive aromatic note.
I deemed this cocktail my go-to drink for warm weather entertaining. What is your favorite cocktail to beat the heat?
2 oz Pisco brandy
1 oz simple syrup
1 egg white
1 oz fresh lime juice
few dashes of Angostura Bitters
1. Add the Pisco, simple syrup, lime juice and egg white WITHOUT the ice. This is called the “dry shake”, its to optimize the emulsion for that foamy effect.
2. Shake it vigorously for 10 seconds.
3. Finally, add ice (do not use crushed ice) to the shaker and shake the crap out of it again.
4. Strain into a cocktail glass.
5. Add a few dashes of bitters and it will sit nicely atop the foam